KFAM AFFI is the only Foster and Adoption agency in the nation specializing in recruiting, training and supporting Asian Pacific Islander (API) resource (foster) parents and adoptive parents to provide culturally appropriate homes for API and other children in need. AFFI also provides various services with a focus on child abuse prevention and intervention to promote healthy families. KFAM AFFI is seeking a Bilingual Social Worker for a full-time position under the supervision of the Program Manager. Current opportunities include specializations in: RFA / HOME STUDY SPECIALIST
1) Conducts RFA and adoption suitability home assessment interviews and write reports.
2) Provides and facilitates Resource Family Approval (RFA) training and adoptive family info sessions inmulti-languages
3) Collaborates with outreach team on recruitment of RFA applicants.
4) Carry and assist with FFA and Adoption case management as needed
a. Conducts placements and in home visits to complete case records and reports in a timely manner
b. Responds to emergency calls; completes required reports according to rules & regulations.
c. Provides clinical support services and culturally appropriate referrals to relevant communityservices and resources.
d. Monitors RF activities and court ordered visits between foster children and their biological familymembers to ensure compliance with all program standards and policies.
5) Other duties as assigned.
• Must be bilingual in an API language, such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
• MSW, MFT or similar field from an accredited college or university preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in SocialWork, Psychology, Behavioral Science or similar field will be considered with relevant work experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in child welfare preferred (internships count towards experience).
• Experience in foster care, adoptions, or DCFS a plus.
• SAFE certification for home study a plus.
• Strong ties to API community and/or experience working with API immigrant populations a plus.
• Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and to serve on the emergency on-call rotation
• Must have driver’s license, auto insurance, and be willing to drive regularly.
BENEFITS: Annual salary $40,000 - $50,000 DOE plus generous benefits.
CONTACT: Compensation commensurate with experience. Email resume, cover letter with salary expectation, AND references to Alice Lee email@example.com (no calls)
KFAM is an Equal Opportunity Emp