KFAM AFFI is the only Foster and Adoption agency in the nation specializing in recruiting, training and supporting Asian Pacific Islander (API) resource (foster) parents and adoptive parents to provide culturally appropriate homes for API and other children in need. AFFI also provides various services with a focus on child abuse prevention and intervention to promote healthy families. KFAM AFFI is seeking a Bilingual Social Worker for a full-time position under the supervision of the Program Manager. Current opportunities include specializations in: PREVENTION, INTERVENTION & STABILITY PROGRAM
1) Lead and manage AFFI’s auxiliary programs that include case management and navigation, mental health therapies, parenting education and support groups
2) Perform administrative duties: intake, assign cases and report activities including intern management
3) Carry cases as a case manager to provide culturally appropriate referrals to relevant community services andresources
4) Carry a small caseload of mental health service clients
5) Conduct or facilitate parenting education, support groups, and other program deliverables
6) Monitor contractual deliverables, fulfill reporting duties, and attend contract/partner meetings
7) Assist with FFA and Adoption case management if needed
a. Conducts placements and in home visits to complete case records and reports in a timely manner
8) Other duties as assigned.
• Must be bilingual in an API language, such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
• MSW, MFT or similar field from an accredited college or university preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in SocialWork, Psychology, Behavioral Science or similar field will be considered with relevant work experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in child welfare preferred (internships count towards experience).
• Experience in program coordination, foster care, adoptions, or DCFS a plus.
• Strong ties to API community and/or experience working with API immigrant populations a plus.
• Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and to serve on the emergency on-call rotation
• Must have driver’s license, auto insurance, and be willing to drive regularly.
BENEFITS: Annual salary $40,000 - $50,000 DOE plus generous benefits.
CONTACT: Compensation commensurate with experience. Email resume, cover letter with salary expectation, AND references to Alice Lee email@example.com (no calls)
KFAM is an Equal Opportunity Emp